New Student To-Do List
We are excited to have you join us on campus for your New Student Orientation (NSO) where you will connect with other new, incoming students, explore campus, meet with your academic college for first semester course planning, register for classes, and begin to feel at home at the University of Utah. We look forward welcoming you to the U!
At New Student Orientation
Attendance at a complete orientation session is required for all newly admitted students. Confirm your intent to enroll and pay the enrollment deposit.
- Meet your Orientation Leader
- Plan your first semester and review the University's Graduation requirements
- Meet with an Academic Advisor from your college or the Academic Advising Center
- Learn about programs offered by the Office of Orientation & Transition that are specific to First-Year or Transfer students.
- Explore Housing options
- Learn about timelines for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Pick-up your UCard
- Add Welcome Week events to your calendar for the first part of the semester
Before Classes Start
- Complete your Proof of MMR Immunization through the Student Health Center patient portal
- Sign up for the Campus Alert System on CIS
- Purchase a parking pass through Commuter Services [BROKEN LINK] or use your UTA pass associated with your UCard for free local transportation (once your first-semester begins)
- Set up a dining plan that fits your needs
- Buy or rent books at the Campus Store